The Admissions Process
Spiritus Sanctus Academy has an admissions policy that opens the school to families who desire an authentic Catholic education for their children, who are supportive of our mission, philosophy, and standards of education, and whose children meet our enrollment standards.
Age requirements: Preschool children must be 4 years old by September 1 of the year they are entering. All children planning to enter Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1 of the year they are entering.
STEP ONE: Request an Information Packet
The information packet can be picked up at either school location or mailed to you upon request. Please call either school location below to request an information packet to be mailed to you.
ANN ARBOR: 734-996-3855 | PLYMOUTH: 734-414-8430
STEP TWO: Complete the Application Process
- Complete the Application Form- The application form can be obtained at the school office or emailed to you once you have read and agreed to our mission, philosophy, and standards of education set forth in the Information Packet.
- Gather the following documents (Note that these documents constitute an essential element of the admission process and therefore, must be submitted prior to acceptance.)
- Mail the above items, along with the non-refundable application fee of $35 per applicant to your school of interest:
SSA Ann Arbor Admissions
4101 East Joy Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
SSA Plymouth Admissions
10450 Joy Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
The Spiritus Sanctus Principal and staff will review the submitted information. If an opening becomes available, you will be contacted promptly. The school notifies the parents by means of a telephone call and letter and schedules an appointment with the parents and applicant (See step 3.)
STEP THREE: Schedule an Interview
- The applicant will spend a day at Spiritus Sanctus Academy (“Shadow Day”). Placement testing will be given to the applicant sometime during the Shadow Day. (Kindergarten students will be observed.)
- An interview will be scheduled with the parents and the Principal at the end of the Shadow Day prior to the parents picking up the applicant.
The school will notify the parents regarding placement of the student. Upon acceptance, the non-refundable registration fee of $500.00 is due.
The parents of all incoming students must submit a signed tuition agreement form as well as a signed acceptance to the Family Handbook. All incoming students must meet school standards. Michigan law requires that parents submit written evidence of their child’s immunizations before being admitted. Special academic and/or psychological evaluation may be required at the discretion of the Principal. ALL STUDENTS ARE ENROLLED ON A ONE-YEAR BASIS.
Admission Policies are non-discriminatory in terms of sex, race, color, ethnicity, or national origin. Students are accepted on the basis of meeting the standards of achievement and behavior. It is also the right and duty of the school to decline the application of students who require professional competency beyond staff training. If we are unable to place your child for the coming school year, you will be contacted in the fall to reactivate your child’s file. The application fee will apply for the next school year.